Firstly I would like to thank the North Eastern Chow Chow Club for inviting me to judge but especially all the intrepid exhibitors who braved the inclement weather to come and show such lovely dog for me. I was delighted with the depth of quality in most classed and thrilled to have so many lovely youngsters to assess.
Puppy Dog (5 entered / 1 absent) a lovely, quality class.
1. Hollies & Carr JANQBO JUSTIFYING JACOB (Best in Show/ Best Puppy in Show)
Lovely red with a super head & expression. Broad, flat skull with strong muzzle & excellent mouth. Well shaped oval, dark eye, super ear set & size. Uses ears well to enhance expression. Excellent compact outline giving the required square outline. Born showman and put in a great performance. A little soft in condition but correct for age. Independent, self assured temperament.
2. Absalom WNNGEORDY BENEDICTINE
6 month old red with excellent head and expression. Well shaped eye. Good ear set of correct size. Excellent bone. Small package but perfect balance. Moved well. Solid, outgoing temperament.
3. Bell EMJAQUES EBONY PRINCE
4. Shek BOJINGHAI BROWN SUGAR
Junior Dog (2/0)
1. Bell EMJAQUES EBONY PRINCE
Black, excellent square outline, in excellent coat, good clear colour. Need to tighten in front. Moved well.
2. Shek BOJINGHAI BROWN SUGAR
Red with a good head. Excellent bone. Well shaped ears. Outline a little long. Excellent feet. Once he settled, moved well.
Novice Dog (1/0)
1. Halliburton SHOJO FINN
Red, good head, flat skull, well shaped eye. Good ear set. Good mouth & pigment. Excellent bone. Good outline. In between coats. Excellent round feet. Moved well.
Open Dog (1/0)
1. Ellis SHAGIO-CHEN WHITE BONUS AT BOJINGHAI
Cream, good flat skull, excellent ear set size & carriage. Good mouth pigmentation. Well shaped eye. Excellent square profile. Good tail set. Excellent bone. Good tight feet. Moved well with an active, typical stride. Good temperament. Coming in to good coat. (Res Best Dog & Res BIS)
Veteran Dog (3/1)
1. Ellis SUGAR RAY AT BOJINGHAI good well proportioned head, excellent ear set. Good mouth, excellent muzzle. Square outline with good bone. Coming into good coat. Excellent tail set & carriage. Excellent tight feet. Lovely mover. Excellent temperament.
2. Lancaster KWANNA BLUE THUNDER AT DENROB good head but ears a little large. Excellent bone. Good mouth. Excellent coat texture. Outline a little long. Wonderful gentle temperament.
Puppy Bitch (9/6)
Another lovely class
1. Flavell WILLCHOW MAMA MIA WITH SIAMDEL (Best Bitch & Best Opposite Sex) Loved her head and typical expression. Excellent well shaped oval eye. Correct shaped, thick ears which she carries well. Compact bone with a square outline. Excellent bone and substance. Moves well and held her shape all the time. In glowing coat condition. Confident & endearing temperament.
2. Ellis BOJINGHAI AURORAS DREAM Another very promising puppy with a lovely square outline. Clean head, well shaped eye, good ear set but would prefer a little smaller. Moved well when settled. Excellent feet
3. Southgate SANTICNA BLUE SPARKLE
Junior Bitch (5/4)
1. Little WENGEORDY AMBER Red with a good head, typical expression, well shaped eye, good pigmentation and excellent mouth. Outline a little longer that I would like, but has excellent bone & substance. Good tight feet. In lovely coat. A little lazy on the move but sound and just did the minimum required. Excellent temperament.
Special Yearling Bitch (3/2)
1. Little WENGEORDY AMBER (as above)
Novice Bitch (5/1) 2 repeats
1. Southgate SANTICNA BLUE SPARKLE won this class on her square-ness. Lovely head with a sweet, typical expression. Lovely crisp blue coat in mint condition and good texture for age. Needs to come up a little on leg but at 6 months has plenty of time. Moved well and excellent temperament.
2. Ellis EMJAQUES PRINCESS AURORA AT BOJINGHAI very nice head & expression. Needs to use her ears more. Excellent bone & substance. Outline was a little long. Moved well & good temperament.
3. Little WENGEORDY AMBER
4. Lancaster BOJINGHAI TIGER LILY AMONGST CHERRYBLUE
Graduate Bitch (4/2)
1. Absalom SHAGIO-CHEN ELLA Red with a well proportioned head, good ear set & well shaped eye. Excellent square outline, good bone. Moved well, especially in profile but a little close behind. Good temperament.
2. Rump LIL MISS BLACK AT EMJAQUES black with a nice head and expression. Well set ears. Good bone but carrying a little extra weight which spoiled her outline, Excellent coat texture.
Post Graduate Bitch (2/1)
1. Hollies & Carr CHOPANS CHERUB OF TASHI was a BPIS under me in 2013 and has matured very nicely. Quality Cream with a lovely clean head & typical expression. Excellent ear set size and carriage. Good mouth and well shaped eye. Good bone and lovely muscle tone. Coat in wonderful condition with excellent texture. Moved well but a little wide in front.
Limit Bitch (4/1)
1. Ellis BOJINGHAI HONEY SUCKLE lovely head & expression, excellent eye, good mouth & pigmentation. Ears of correct size but carriage could be higher. Typical outline, excellent bone, square. Excellent feet.
Moved well with excellent muscle tone. (Res Best Bitch)
2. Southgate SANTICANA AMBERS ANGEL EYES well shaped head, excellent eye, good balance for size. Excellent feet. Moved well. Coming into good coat. Excellent temperament.
3. Hollies & Carr KWAITANG KORDELIA
Special Open A.O.C. Bitch (5/3) 1 repeat
1. Hollies & Carr CHOPANS CHERUB OF TASHI see Post Graduate winner
2. Absalom SIMAUTA DESS TOPAZ - Good head but ear a little large. Excellent mouth and pigmentation. Square outline but carrying a little too much weight. Good bone, moved well. Soft coat texture. Excellent temperament.
Open Bitch (2/1)
1. Carr GUANEZHOU SILK NLINEN Red with well proportioned head, well shaped eye, excellent pigmentation. Good mouth. Moved a little wide in front. Excellent bone. Square outline but up to size. Excellent coat texture, excellent tail set and carriage. Moved well, strong rear but moving a little wide in front. Excellent temperament.